The Pippins are proud to have donated more than $35K in cash and more than $50K in-kind contributions to area non-profits, community organizations, leagues and service clubs since 2014. As a private, for-profit business, our ability to contribute back to the community in tied to our ability to fill the stadium! The more success we have in our business, the more we are able to be strong stewards of community engagement. We are grateful to the Yakima Valley for helping us make meaningful impacts in the lives of our neighbors.
To apply for a donation, please note the following:
- We support organizations that focus their efforts on the following three areas of concern:
- Health and Welfare of Children, particularly under-served
- Healthy Family Activities
- We like to partner with people that partner with us. Please note other businesses – particularly our advertisers – that are part of your efforts to help the (3) areas noted above. It is likely that if we are working together, that we can do more to cover needs.
- We average about six donation requests a week – which equals over 300 requests a year! There is great need in our community, and we try to engage as many groups as possible. If you have received a donation in the past 12 months, we are not as likely to contribute. It is predicated on budget and asset availability, and we will do our best to help as many as possible.
- We like to stay away from auctions. There are too many of them in the Valley. Let’s brainstorm ways that we can be more effective and creative in event-based fundraising. It doesn’t mean we absolutely won’t participate in an auction, it just needs to be more compelling than we typically will see.
- Please don’t wait until the last second, particularly in-season. During the season, our team is actively engaged in welcoming nearly 1,400 fans each night to the ballpark – or preparing to do so when the team is on the road – or selling tickets to fill the stadium in the off-season! If your event or need is in June, apply in January – that will help us help you!